Monday, September 28, 2009

30 days of happiness....

Day 12
September 28th, 2009

My happiness has to deal with Hailey's sleeping patterns... Today was the second time Hailey has gone to sleep on her own... and on her own I mean I feed her and then I put her in her bed and shut the door behind me and let her cry herself to sleep. She doesn't cry for long because she is tired in the first place when I put her in there. It makes me happy to know that my daughter is becoming self sufficient (sort of). I am trying not to HAVE to give her a cup to go to bed that way I wont have to deal with breaking that habit in the future, but only time will tell. I also have been made aware that Hailey should not be in control of my sleep during the night. We are sharing a bedroom with my mom at the moment and she has made me aware of the fact that every noise Hailey makes I jump up and get her rather than just letting he fall back asleep on her own. Well the past 2 nights I have not jumped at her every need... (which was every half hour to an hour for the past month) and she has only needed me 3 times each night! I am hoping to soon be done with breastfeeding her especially since I start working tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. It is such a journey. I just wrote about this topic too. Glad its getting better for you. Hope it continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete