Monday, December 15, 2008

christmas party weekend

On Friday we went to Micah's command Christmas Party, it was a good deal of fun. It was the first time I was away from Hailey, without her being at home with Micah. With no family around I am so thankful that we have someone we can trust to watch our baby girl. I kept texting our babysitter to make sure she was OK and every reply I got back from her saying she was fine made me feel like my heart was breaking...someone else can actually take care of my daughter for me? That's my job! I actually started to cry at the party because I missed her so much.

It was also the first time I had any sort of alcohol this year, I had 2 small glasses of wine. White Zinfandel is my new favorite type of wine. I won Micah 24 hours of special liberty in a raffle. I am still kind of bummed about what we won because he never takes special lib. and I could have won a TV, iPod, or a portable DVD player. *Maybe he will use his special liberty when we move next month! When my husband finally decided to appease my separation anxiety I was so relieved, I have never walked so fast in heels before! Here is our 2008 Christmas Picture:

On Saturday, one of our good friends Vanessa (her and her mom were our babysitters on Friday night) graduated from college so, we went to a luncheon in her honor. While we were there we were invited to a Christmas party later that evening. We decided to go and we had an OK time. We didn't know anyone but the people we came with, since we had just met the host and hostess earlier that day. At the party we participated in an elephant gift exchange, we ended up with Iron Man on DVD and a Victorian style glass lamp. Going to the party did give us something to do other than staying home so all in all it was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment