Friday, June 5, 2009

'half way' party


I'm happy to say that it is well over the half way point of Micah's deployment! I recently attended the ships Family Readiness Group (FRG) half way party. This party was of a tropical theme much like a luau, there were leis, grass skirts, pineapple's and we even played limbo. A half way party is basically a party for all the spouses(mainly just women, out of about 150 people 2 were men) to dress up, get together, have fun (that's what you do at parties) and celebrate the fact that you have made it half way through the deployment. I decided last minute to attend, and I am glad I did. I was well over do some much needed adult interaction without having to worry about what Hailey is putting into her mouth this time. Although it was a struggle for me to be away from Hailey for six, I repeat SIX hours! I had an awesome time with some of my friends. And yes, there were many phone calls and text messages sent to make sure she was ok.

1 comment:

  1. Awww,only half way?!!? I can't believe it's only been 3 months! On the other hand, its been 3 months--woo-hoo! I'm so happy you had a night out to enjoy and relax. I know it must be so hard to be the only caretaker of Hailey. We all need a break sometimes. I'm sure she was in good hands. Congrats on making it halfway.

    ReplyDelete